Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Big Bear Speaks


It's 4:01 am on a Thursday morning. There is a draft coming through the crack in the door I opened for the smoke and a mouse is trapped in a garbage bag in my kitchen. I can hear it move around every couple of hours, and have contemplated two nights in a row going through the bag to find it. I have finally decided not to. I would feel guilty if I thought people actually read what we wrote here, but they don't, so I won't.

I am currently listening to HLA's latest release, a delicious six-song EP called "Know Hope!" which can be found conveniently on the iTunes store. The mouse just made another noise. The Dakota Run's EP should be finished soon, if I ever get my tired, haggard self back to New York to record another song. I am torn between two - a more hopeful song, cleverly entitled "Captain", and a mid-tempo Nationalfest which has no title as of yet. I will be in the company of one jOHN Gillooly, so I may record the more hopeful of the two.

I don't know what to say right now. I am using this time to get myself another Diet Coke and trying to push off doing overdue papers as long as possible. I have until 9 am, so I've got time. I hope someone is reading this, even if it's J-Bone or G-Unit. I hope someone is hearing us. We may not have the most interesting things to say, but at least we're saying something. If the mouse wanted to get out of the bag so badly, why doesn't it just chew through the plastic?

All the best in the world,
Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment